What is Drupal 7? in plain English
This Drupal video gives a brief introduction to what Drupal 7 is from the perspective of most of our clients. You can try out this demo website here: http://demo.onlinebusinessbuilders.co.uk/drupal7
It shows how easy it is to create a new page on one of our Drupal 7 websites.
It can be designed to look however you want
Drupal itself has a "Theme" that controls the way the website looks. So a Drupal website can look however we want it to look. We also design custom Drupal Themes that work on mobiles as one of our Drupal web development services.
We also briefly cover how a Drupal 7 website can have many users. Each users can have many "Roles". Each role can have its own set of permissions that lets users of that role do certain things on the website. Perhaps viewing "Members only content", post comments...
It can be developed to do what you want...
This video doesn't go into detail about the more advanced feature's of Drupal. Such as:
- Allowing for a large number of people to share and contribute to stored centralised data;
- Control access to data or content based on user role (i.e., define information users or user groups who can view, edit, publish, etc.) In Drupal you can set these permissions for roles down to field level. In this way you can define sections and certain fields to be viewable by one Role but not another. The same applies to editing;
- Facilitate storage and retrieval of data, which can become quite advanced. Such as filtering lists of content by different fields etc;
- Control data validity and compliance. That is, a field could be defined as a email address. We can then run a validity check on submissions, to ensure that it is valid;
- Improve communication among users. This can be achieved in many ways for example user blogs, comments, private messaging, Facebook-like chat... to name a few.
- The 10,000+ modules (plugins, addons) that are freely available to use. They all give a Drupal website new features. This is what makes having your own web application affordable.
Need a website / web application?
Contact us to request a quote for your individual requirements.